DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, WE WILL NOT BE HAVING OUR TYPICAL CHILDREN'S CLASSES OR NURSERY. WE LOVE HAVING KIDS IN THE SERVICE, AND COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND WHEN YOUNG ONES GET A LITTLE RESTLESS. THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL ROOM AVAILABLE IF PARENTS NEED TO SLIP OUT OF THE MAIN GATHERING AREA BECAUSE OF A DISTRACTION. THE SERVICE CAN STILL BE HEARD IN THE "CRY ROOM."
We believe it is important for families to worship together, but we also desire to intentionally disciple children in the truths of the Bible. In order to bring a balance to our ministry, we follow a bi-weekly schedule for nursery and children's ministry. One Sunday, a Bible class is provided for all children that are in third grade and below. The next Sunday, everyone worships together in the main service. Check the Events Calendar page to see the schedule of Sunday when the kid's class is offered.
KID'S CLASS WEEKS
On the Sundays that the kid's class is offered, parents should take their children into the main service after checking them in at the Lakeside Kids counter. All children participate in the first portion of the worship service and then are dismissed to their class just before the preaching begins. This class includes a very well prepared Bible lesson, songs (to be sung by the kids periodically in the main service), a helpful catechism, and games. In addition to the kid's class, a nursery is provided for babies and toddlers.
FAMILY WORSHIP WEEKS
On the Sundays that the kid's class and nursery is not offered, families are encouraged to still attend and worship together in the main service. Our church loves children, and we would never want parents to feel insecure about a restless young one in the service. The kid's classroom is still open on these days for any parents that feel a need to slip out of the service with their child. If you have any particular needs during your time with us, one of our Lakeside Kids volunteers would be more than happy to assist you.
We know that our structure for children's ministry is a bit unconventional by modern standards, but we truly believe that is brings a very healthy balance to our church worship and ability to serve families. If you have any questions at all about our processes, please contact us any time at email@example.com.
For security purposes, participating children must be checked-in at the Kid's Ministry Check-in Counter. A name badge is given to each child, and a matching claim ticket is given to each parent. After the service, claim tickets are matched to the appropriate child when being checked-out of their class.
We care about the safety of our children, and we have put a number of policies in place to help us keep everyone secure during our times of worship.
- All kid's ministry workers have undergone an official background check through an organization called Protect My Ministry.
- All participating children are checked-in to their class. During this process, parents have an opportunity to alert workers of any special needs, allergies, or instructions for the care of their child. These instructions are printed on the child's name tag for added security. Only parents with the appropriate claim ticket may check a child out of a class.
- Check-in opens at 9:45am on Sunday mornings.
- All kid's ministry supplies and toys are thoroughly cleaned before and after each class.
- At least two adult workers are present in every kid's class.
- In case of an emergency, parents are alerted via a text message paging system during worship services.